Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lots of fun here!

Doesn't everyone know that ALL moms have eyes in the back of their head? Moms have eyes where ever they are needed. I recently had great fun with this idea and presented it to my 8 year old son when I "caught" him doing something. He proclaimed "How did you know!?", I simply stated that I see everything he does and I just KNOW when he has done something he should not have. I decided to have a little more fun with this the other day, I told him that if he covered his face with a pillow and made a funny face behind it I would know what he was doing. I then made the face that I thought he was making and he would remove the pillow and much to his surprise I was making the same face! This went on for a few minutes while I got it right EACH time! He was in awe and I was laughing so hard I was crying. Call it a mothers intuition but he can only make so many faces and I know all of them, sheer luck that I guessed right 5 times in a row. So 2 nights ago he asked where else do I have eyes. Hmmm let me think, I began to point to different areas of my body, my armpit, my elbow, etc., then I proclaimed that my favorite "eye" was in the tip of my pinky finger. "Oooh really?!", what came next I hope will give you all a great chuckle today. He grabbed my hand and folded it into a fist, making sure that my pinky finger was well covered into the palm of my hand, "What do you see Mom?"!!! Well let's see here my son, "I see lots of little lines and its shade of pink skin in here". His eyes widened like I have never seen before..."WOW, Mom how do you do that!!!".


On another note, in the past few years I could have proudly stated that regardless of the fact that I have 6 children, no one child has gotten into my lipstick in nearly 7 years. This has not happened since my oldest was 3. Well that all changed last night when my 2 year old trouble maker, a boy, decided to try some on. I have scrubbed and wiped to no avail, his face is stained and will remain that way until is wears off.

Notice the pink hue of his forehead and cheeks, this is not normal.

No comments: