Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A quick update...

I am really busy today but do not want to go too long in between posts. Yesterday we made whole wheat bread from scratch, the first batch was bad. We persevered and tried again and it came out much better. The children really enjoyed punching down the dough and then eating it when we were done. I have never done this before and it was quite simple, I followed the directions below in the YouTube video, funny lady she is!




The video is in several parts that are rather short, so give it a try. Also the other night I made some really awesome soup that goes perfect with this lovely November weather, today is 38 degrees and is raining...yuck!

Get out the largest soup pot you own, mine was 10qts (I don't want yours to overflow!).

1 large can of tomato juice
3 cans of diced tomato
4 cubes of vegan soup bouillon (I use Rapunzel brand)
About 6-8 cups of water (for bouillon)
2 heaping tbls. of minced garlic
2 normal tbls. of Italian seasoning
2 packages of frozen soup veggies (or whatever veggies you like, mine had peas, kidney beans, peas, carrot, zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower and chopped peppers.)
Optional is about 40 pieces of pepperoni that is quartered
Simmer for at least and hour and a half
Add tri-colored rotini or pasta of your choice and when the pasta is done so is the soup!

Now I don't typically salt anything until is in my bowl so might want throw a pinch or two in on your own. This made enough soup for 7 people for at least 2 dinners and some lunch. Enjoy!

No comments: